CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween




I think mom was more excited about Halloween than Tanner. He was a monkey, but I joke that you're supposed to be something different for Halloween than what you are everyday. He did a pretty good job of dealing with his costume including his "head". We did the trunk or treat thing with our ward on Tuesday, then Halloween weekend we went to St. George with some friends. The picture of Tanner on Ben's bike was after we got home from the trunk or treat. Tanner stole a butterfinger and ate a good part of it before I realized what he did, so I think he had a little sugar high. I did want to take Tanner trick or treating, but didn't want to look like a pathetic woman who can't buy her own candy. Luckily our friends have a 3 year-old that Tanner could trick or treat with. I was hoping to teach Tanner to say "oo-ahah" since he was a monkey, but that never happened.

We had a great time in St. George and love to just get away without having a big to do for a vacation. When Ben and I were first married we used every excuse to go to St. George (birthdays, anniversaries, 3 day weekends). I love it there because I can find great deals on modest clothes. Plus,we have our list of places we have to eat at.


Well, my little man will be 14 months tomorrow and I have a "dread of nursery" countdown going on. I'm sure the people in ward think I'm crazy because I spend most of the 3 hours walking the halls with Tanner, but I love having 2 whole days with my boy. I'm sure he'd rather be playing in the nursery than walking the halls, but I'm not ready to lose more time with him. Since I work, every available second in my life is Tanner Time. The thought if losing another hour of his life is really hard for me. But that does not mean I want a nursery calling! (Ben and I spend about 4 years in 2 wards in nursery. It's only been since Tanner's been born that I have ever been in Relief Society). Tanner has 12 teeth, 4 of which are molars, but no canines. I was joking the other night with my sister, who is a dental hygenist, that Tanner didn't come with canines. She said some people are that way with their baby teeth. Not something to tell a first time mom!

I can't wait for Christmas! I know that Tanner and I will have several discussions about leaving the presents that are under the tree alone and not pulling over the tree, but this is his first real Christmas. I love the music and going to see the lights (s0mething Ben still thinks is strange). Tanner liked the lights last year, I think the Vegas boy will love the lights this year! This season seems to be the small portion of the year that almost anyone is happy. The best part is that I will have 5 1/2 weeks off with my boy!!!! I'm hoping to post more with lots of pictures. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment